Friday, March 26, 2010

Tuna Casserole

Last night, I came home a good hour and a half late. To top off the treat of running late, I forgot to defrost meat for dinner... YEAH ME (sarcasm).

So, I decided to concoct a Tuna Noodle Casserole - ala Wildtree.... mmmmm... enter 5 year old "Eeeewww, I don't want Tuna." I then determined - make the Noodles and Cheese Sauce - add meat to please. Probably a bad habit, but as you can tell, the day already stunk!

Ingredients:
1 10 oz box of bowtie noodles (wheat was my choice)
1/4 cup + 1 TBS Wildtree Kidz Cheese Blend
1/4 cup Wildtree Alfredo
3/4 - 1 cup (I eyed it... SORRY!) Milk (I used Organic Whole Milk)

Boil noodles according to package and drain.
Add in hot pan, milk and 2 seasonings - blend until lumps are gone. As it sits, it will thicken slightly. Stir in Noodles... taste test... MMMMMMMMM!

I portioned out enough for a serving for the 5 year old - stirred in lunch meat ham.
Drained and added 1 can of tuna to the remaining noodles.

Verdict:
1. 5 year old - ate it all - asked for seconds. Bad mommy didn't have seconds of his. He followed it up with a sigh and Wii.
2. 2 year old - ate his, Tuna and all - ate seconds
3. Husband - ate 2 helpings - stated make this one again
4. Me - I ate all of mine and sprinkled on Wildtree Rancher's Seasoning for extra flavor.

In the end, after 20 minutes (5 minutes of which was me determining what to eat, then boiling the water. Crisis was averted... and we ate well! YEAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment